Although AMD's Ryzen launch a few weeks ago temporarily took the focus off Intel's latest offerings, Intel's gaming performance still puts it at the top for most gamers. Regarding performance and features, Intel's Z270 chipset is the most advanced on the market, even beating Intel's X99 chipset regarding connectivity.
There is a lot of interest in Mini-ITX offerings. Since they are very small, users can build tiny systems packed with power. ASUS has always been very active in the Mini-ITX market, with multiple generations of ROG Mini-ITX motherboards at the top of their Mini-ITX offering. The STRIX Z270I Gaming is a ROG product.
While the traditional ROG Mini-ITX motherboard utilizes the Impact name, ROG STRIX products are targeted more towards gamers and enthusiasts rather than overclockers. That does not mean that the STRIX Z270I Gaming does not overclock, ASUS used high-quality components in the VRM to facilitate overclocking, and the UEFI is loaded with overclocking features.
Without further delay, let's take a gander at the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming.
The STRIX Z270I Gaming offerings both Intel LAN and ASUS Wireless AC for network connectivity, a 32Gb/s M.2 slot, high-end audio, and a USB 3.1 type-C front panel header.
The STRIX Z270I Gaming costs around $180.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $179 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £191 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]