The Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium hides a lot of interesting hardware under those heat sinks and shield.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 10+4 phase configuration for the CPU+iGPU. An International Rectifier IR35201 digital PWM is being used in 6+2 phase mode, and outputting 5+2 phases to doublers and then to IR3555A integrated power stages. The IR3555A are International Rectifier's second generation PowIRstages, and they are the top-dog rated at 60A. MSI is using the "Ti" branded high-current inductors, and many tantalum capacitors for the output filter. The VRM on the Z270 XPower is one of the most powerful I have seen on any Z270 motherboard.
The International Rectifier IR3599 is a phase doubler or quadroupler, and it's used as a phase doubler on this motherboard. The memory VRM uses a Primarion PV3205 digital PWM and some Nikos MOSFETs for a two-phase VRM, which is more than enough to power DDR4 DIMMs.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard retails for $330 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard retails for £340 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series