The Z270 Gaming K6 has a lot of interesting hardware we will now examine.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+4 phase configuration. The four phases on the right are for the iGPU, then six phases are for the CPU, and the remaining two chokes are for the VCCSA and VCCIO phases. The Intersil ISL95856 4+3 phase PWM is used for the CPU+iGPU (3+2). The PWM has two integrated drivers for the CPU and one for the iGPU outputs, ASRock adds two ISL6625A drivers, one for the CPU and one for the iGPU.
To get 6+4 phases from the 3+2, ASRock doubles the number of power stage components (choke, high-side FET, and low-side FET). The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, the SM4336 and SM4337 for the low-side and high-side. ASRock is using their 12K FP caps, which is a quite high rating for a motherboard of this caliber.
A Richtek RT8120 single-phase PWM controller with integrated driver outputs its driver signal to two sets of phases. The MOSFETs are AP4034GYT N-channel power MOSFETs from Advanced Power Electronics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower