The Z270 Gaming K6 has a lot of interesting hardware we will now examine.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+4 phase configuration. The four phases on the right are for the iGPU, then six phases are for the CPU, and the remaining two chokes are for the VCCSA and VCCIO phases. The Intersil ISL95856 4+3 phase PWM is used for the CPU+iGPU (3+2). The PWM has two integrated drivers for the CPU and one for the iGPU outputs, ASRock adds two ISL6625A drivers, one for the CPU and one for the iGPU.
To get 6+4 phases from the 3+2, ASRock doubles the number of power stage components (choke, high-side FET, and low-side FET). The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, the SM4336 and SM4337 for the low-side and high-side. ASRock is using their 12K FP caps, which is a quite high rating for a motherboard of this caliber.
A Richtek RT8120 single-phase PWM controller with integrated driver outputs its driver signal to two sets of phases. The MOSFETs are AP4034GYT N-channel power MOSFETs from Advanced Power Electronics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner