The STRIX Z270G-Gaming has a lot to reveal without its heat sinks on.
The VRM on this motherboard is in an 8+2 phase configuration. It has the same PWM controller as the Maximus IX Formula, labeled ASP1400. I assume it is from Richtek since the drivers seem to use Richtek markings. It seems that four phases are being doubled to eight for the CPU VCore since each two sets of inductors report back as one to the PWM. The MOSFETs are from ON Semiconductor, the 4C09B and 4C06B are similar to PowerPAKs seen from other vendors. They were used on some of ASUS's previous generation motherboards and should be fine for ambient overclocking.
The motherboard uses 5K capacitors with "MIL" stamped on them. While each of the VCore phases uses on high-side and one low-side MOSFET, each of the iGPU phases uses two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side.
The memory VRM is a single phase powered by two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET (like the iGPU phases), and is controlled by a Richtek PWM labeled "6X=2E".
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for £186 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270G GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Ti: Ethereum Mining Results
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- MMA Team Manager is Coming Soon
- Lian Li Introduces LANCOOL ONE White Edition
- Fire Up Those Jetpacks as Armajet Blasts Its Way Onto Android & Steam Early Access
- Steins; Gate Elite releases February 19th 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch
- Snake vs Snake launches today on Nintendo Switch