Now it's time to dig deep into the motherboard's circuitry.
The VRM on the Z270X-GAMING 7 is in an 8+3 phase configuration for the VCore and iGPU voltage rails. It seems that the VRM is a true 4+3 phase and the CPU VCore section is doubled to 8+3. The VRM on this motherboard should be adequate for overclocking the 7700K since it does not use all that much power.
The Intersil ISL95866 4+3 phase hybrid-digital PWM controller. Intersil uses something they call a Green hybrid digital R3 modulator, which they say provides the best of analog and digital PWM technology. It offers two integrated drivers for the CPU and one for the iGPU outputs, so GIGABYTE had to add two ISL6625A drivers for the iGPU and two more for the CPU to get 4+3 phases, which they then doubled on the CPU side to 8+3 by doubling the number of MOSFETs on each driver.
The MOSFETs are the same Vishay SiRA12 for the low-side and SiRA18 for the high-side that GIGABYTE used on the Z170X-Gaming 7. The memory VRM receives the same MOSFETs, but uses a two low and single high configuration and a Richtek RT8120 single phase PWMN with integrated driver.
USB DAC-UP 2 offers power control and voltage compensation for select USB 3.0 ports/headers. The two internal headers each get their own dedicated voltage regulator circuit that utilizes a Richtek RT8288A 4A step-down converter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-GAMING 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-GAMING 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit