The Z170X-UD3 Ultra has a nice looking PCB.
The VRM on the Z170X-UD3 Ultra is very simple. Four phases are dedicated to the CPU Core and three phases are dedicated to the iGPU. The Intersil ISL95856 4+2 phase PWM controller. It has two separate PWM rails, the rail with four phases has two integrated drivers and the rail with three phases has a single integrated driver.
GIGABYTE has added two ISL6625 drivers for the four phase rail and two for the three phase rail so that all PWM phases on both rails can be utilized. Each phase uses a Vishay SiRA12 and SiRA18 for the low-side and high-side MOSFETs. The VRM on this motherboard should be enough to get things done, but it probably isn't the best for crazy overclocks.
The memory VRM uses a single phase PWM with an integrated driver, the Richtek RT8120D, and three Vishay SiRA12 (two low and one high). Minor rails like VCCIO and VCCSA are powered by linear regulators located south of the CPU socket area.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard retails for $183 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]