Intel's Z170 platform has matured, and while it's been just a year since its initial launch, many vendors have released refreshed Z170 motherboards to target parts of the market that might have been overlooked. GIGABYTE's Z170X-UD3 Ultra brings back their iconic blue color theme matched with white. The PCI-E slots and memory DIMMs have been reinforced and a U.2 connector has been added. GIGABYTE has also loaded the Z170X-UD3 Ultra with blue LEDs and the ability to RAID three NVMe-based devices.
The many PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the Z170 PCH make it possible for RAID of x4 PCI-E 3.0 devices, something that is very niche but interesting nonetheless. The motherboard carries many of the features we have come to expect from Z170 motherboards and a few extra ones from GIGABYTE. However, this motherboard isn't meant to be the flagship GIGABYTE Z170 motherboard, but instead a lower cost product.
The Z170X-UD3 Ultra supports 2-way SLI and CrossFireX, x4 PCI-E 3.0 U.2, x4 PCI-E M.2, two SATA Express connectors, Thunderbolt 3.0 support with 100W power delivery, and even an Intel NIC.
The Z170X-UD3 Ultra is available from many large retailers for $169.99.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]