Intel's Z170 platform has matured, and while it's been just a year since its initial launch, many vendors have released refreshed Z170 motherboards to target parts of the market that might have been overlooked. GIGABYTE's Z170X-UD3 Ultra brings back their iconic blue color theme matched with white. The PCI-E slots and memory DIMMs have been reinforced and a U.2 connector has been added. GIGABYTE has also loaded the Z170X-UD3 Ultra with blue LEDs and the ability to RAID three NVMe-based devices.
The many PCI-E 3.0 lanes from the Z170 PCH make it possible for RAID of x4 PCI-E 3.0 devices, something that is very niche but interesting nonetheless. The motherboard carries many of the features we have come to expect from Z170 motherboards and a few extra ones from GIGABYTE. However, this motherboard isn't meant to be the flagship GIGABYTE Z170 motherboard, but instead a lower cost product.
The Z170X-UD3 Ultra supports 2-way SLI and CrossFireX, x4 PCI-E 3.0 U.2, x4 PCI-E M.2, two SATA Express connectors, Thunderbolt 3.0 support with 100W power delivery, and even an Intel NIC.
The Z170X-UD3 Ultra is available from many large retailers for $169.99.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard retails for $183 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms