Now we can start to see the differences between the ASUS Z170-A and the Z170-Pro.
This VRM is an 8+2 phase (VCore + iGPU).
ASUS is using pretty much the same VRM as they did on the Z170-A. The ASP1400B is an unknown PWM (not IR35201 or IR35203 because of pin count, and most likely not one of the common Intersil PWMs). It can output at least 4+2 phases. The "+2" phases are provided to two drivers labeled "CE1" and output to two low-side and a single high-side MOSFET for each iGPU phase. The first four phases each goes to a "C1E" driver which outputs to two sets of one low-side and high-side MOSFET and two inductors. The eight phases are created by doubling the driver output. The high-side MOSFETs are ON Semiconductor NTMFS4C09N, and the low-side are NTMFS4C06N.
The VCCSA gets power from a single phase VR using the same MOSFETs as the CPU VRM and a Richtek PWM. The VCCIO gets power from a Texas Instruments 10A integrated step-down regulator.
The memory VRM uses the same components as the VCCSA VRM.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $195 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £134 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series