I have looked at many ASUS Z170 motherboards, all the way from the Z170-A to the Maximus VIII Extreme. Each one has its distinct price to performance ratio, and today I take a look at a very popular motherboard, the Z170-Pro. At first glance, the Z170-Pro looks unassuming, and, to be honest, it looks eerily similar to the Z170-A.
So the question then becomes, why is the Z170-Pro almost $40 more expensive than the Z170-A. It took me a few minutes to figure out the major differences, and honestly, there aren't too many on the surface. The big difference between the two motherboards is quality, and not necessarily where you expect it.
While the Intel Z170 chipset offers a wide variety of connectivity options, there are still a few places it lacks, and those areas are where the Z170-Pro shines. Follow me as I examine this interesting ASUS mainstream Z170 motherboard.
The ASUS Z170-PRO has many high-end features such as M.2 32Gb/s, SATA Express, USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C, Intel 1Gbit NIC, and 7.1 channel HD-Audio.
The ASUS Z170-PRO is available from many large retailers for roughly $195.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]