Nearly a year ago Linksys launched its first MU-MIMO solution into the market, the EA8500. I didn't have a chance to test that particular solution at the time but today we have a router in house that shares quite a few bits and pieces with that solution, especially on the hardware side.
The EA7500 is Linksys' expanding their portfolio into the MU-MIMO AC1900 market. Using the same Qualcomm EFX platform they have come up with a solution that while based on the same Smart Wi-Fi firmware platform can produce 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. Additional features include four gigabit LAN ports along with a WAN port adding to storage ports equaling USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
A deeper look at the specifications shows Linksys is aiming this solution at medium households with around 12 devices. Also listed is MU-MIMO and Beamforming support along with its dual-core CPU, which in this case is the Qualcomm IPQ8064. Paired with the 8064 is 128MB of DDR3 and 128MB of NAND.
The radios use a 3x3 configuration and are supplied by Qualcomm as well with model numbers QCA9982 and QCA9983, the switch used is a QCA8337. Filesystem support for the USB 3.0 storage option includes FAT, NTFS, and HFS+ and it is Wi-Fi Certified.
MSRP of the Linksys Wireless Router is set at $199.99 and features a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys MAX-STREAM EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media