I think all motherboards are more interesting when their heat sinks come off.
This VRM is made up of high-quality components. ASUS is using their micro-fine alloy inductors and their 10K gun-metal colored polymer capacitors. This VRM is in an 8+2 phase configuration and is controlled by a single PWM.
The single ASP1405, which is an unidentified International Rectifier PWM (most likely IR35201 or IR35203) provides 4+2 phases. The first four phases are doubled to eight phases by four IR3599 phase doublers. Those four doublers then feed the eight PWM lines to eight IR3535 MOSFET drivers. Each MOSFET driver controls a high-quality Texas Instruments CSD87350 NexFET, which produces high-quality output power. The NexFETs are power blocks; each has one high-side and one low-side MOSFET built-in, and they provide high efficiency at high switching frequencies, which is great for overclocking. The iGPU gets the remaining "+2" phases and utilizes two IR3535 and two more NexFETs.
The VCCSA gets power from a single phase VRM powered by an APW integrated PWM and some ON-Semi PowerPAKs. The VCCIO and DDR-VPP get power from two separate TPS51362 Texas Instruments 10A step-down integrated power converters. The memory VRM is controlled by an ASP1105 (unknown 2+ phase PWM) and is powered by two phases made up of unidentified MOSFETs. I have seen these MOSFETs before, and they do a fine job of powering the memory DIMMs.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £311 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner