ASUS's Republic of Gamers (ROG) series of motherboards is ASUS's A-Team when it comes to launching new technologies and innovating upon older ones. Today, I look at a relative ROG Z170 latecomer, the Maximus VIII Formula, which has traditionally been targeted towards gamers. Sporting full-body ROG Armor, similar to that of the ASUS TUF series, the Maximus VIII Formula has distinctive aesthetics. What makes the Maximus VIII Formula unique are the numerous RGB LEDs embedded throughout the motherboard's shield and heat sinks, providing users the ability to customize the motherboard color scheme.
Since the Intel Z170 chipset packs in so many features, motherboard manufacturers have looked towards new ways of differentiating their products. RGB LEDs are a perfect addition, but if history has taught us anything, it is that many motherboard design teams rarely know what their users want when it comes to lighting. The Maximus VIII Formula aims to redefine motherboard lighting, giving users exactly what they want - total color customization.
The ASUS Maximus VIII Formula has many high-end features including U.2, M.2, USB 3.1, 2x2 Wireless AC Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO, USB 3.0, CrossChill EK water block, SupremeFX 2015 audio, and even an RGB LED strip header just to name a few.
The Maximus VIII Formula is available from many large retailers for roughly $399, making it one of the more expensive Z170 motherboards on the market.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £311 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games