The Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac has a 6+2 phase VRM for the CPU + iGPU phases, and a linear regulator is used for the VCCSA and VCCIO. Each of these phases gets a 60A power inductor, and there are tantalums used for the output filter. This VRM looks high quality even without removing the heat sinks, but removing the heat sinks (that cool the CPU phases) reveals some high-quality integrated MOSFETs.
Each iGPU and CPU phase gets a Texas Instruments NexFET CSD87350Q5D, which is a 25A high-efficiency dual-N channel MOSFET. Instead of two or three MOSFETs per phase, the high-side and low-side MOSFETs are packed into a single thick chip. The International Rectifier IR35201 is a 6+2 phase high-quality digital PWM found on high-end overclocking and server motherboards. In this case, all the phases are used. Four (1+3) IR3598 (dual driver and/or doubler) are used as dual drivers. Each phase gets its own PWM rail, so this is a true 6+2 phase VRM, which is better than most full sized ATX boards.
The memory VRM is a single phase driven by a single phase analog PWM and utilizes two highly integrated Fairchild MOSFETs. It's good enough to support DDR4 4000MHz (I tried, and it worked fine).
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced