The Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac has a 6+2 phase VRM for the CPU + iGPU phases, and a linear regulator is used for the VCCSA and VCCIO. Each of these phases gets a 60A power inductor, and there are tantalums used for the output filter. This VRM looks high quality even without removing the heat sinks, but removing the heat sinks (that cool the CPU phases) reveals some high-quality integrated MOSFETs.
Each iGPU and CPU phase gets a Texas Instruments NexFET CSD87350Q5D, which is a 25A high-efficiency dual-N channel MOSFET. Instead of two or three MOSFETs per phase, the high-side and low-side MOSFETs are packed into a single thick chip. The International Rectifier IR35201 is a 6+2 phase high-quality digital PWM found on high-end overclocking and server motherboards. In this case, all the phases are used. Four (1+3) IR3598 (dual driver and/or doubler) are used as dual drivers. Each phase gets its own PWM rail, so this is a true 6+2 phase VRM, which is better than most full sized ATX boards.
The memory VRM is a single phase driven by a single phase analog PWM and utilizes two highly integrated Fairchild MOSFETs. It's good enough to support DDR4 4000MHz (I tried, and it worked fine).
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Dauntless passes 2 million players, new expansion next month
- COD: Black Ops 4 Zombie trailer, undead tigers/time travel
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit