LaCie is one vendor that takes their in house collaboration with many well-known designers very serious. Nowhere is this more evident than the 5Big series of storage solutions. Working together with Neil Poulton, as they did with the Cloudbox, LaCie has went to the drawing board and designed one of the most attractive and proven form factors in the DAS market.
The 5Big Thunderbolt from LaCie is a five bay direct attached storage solution that houses either 10TB or 20TB of raw storage space. In addition to this, we have RAID options of 0, 1 and JBOD, where normally five bay devices would have additional options such as RAID 5 and 6, but this goes to show where the target market for this device lies, creative professionals and multimedia enthusiast that want the raw power and bandwidth of Thunderbolt.
Pricing of the 5Big Thunderbolt from LaCie at this time is set at $1099.99 for the 10TB model with a larger 20TB model available for $2099.99. Warranty is listed at three years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the 5Big Thunderbolt]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput, Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Power Consumption and Acoustics]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Thunderbolt on OS X 10.8]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard