This is going back many years, but my first and last wireless mouse experience was also from Logitech. Back then the MX1000 was one of the coolest mice on the planet being offered in a wireless version. While I thoroughly enjoyed using the MX1000, that isn't to say it didn't have some things that needed addressing. The main reason why I rid myself of that mouse was the way it needed to charge. At that time, the battery was onboard, non-replaceable, and you had to set the mouse on a base to get it to charge, ending any gaming you were currently enjoying. That was somewhat addressed in later models with the ability to swap batteries, and the fact that Logitech mice were sent with a pair of batteries to allow users to "hot-swap" batteries, as long as you remembered to charge them.
Another big issue to wireless mice is what we all see as lag from our input translating to movement on the screen. Back when I had it last, there was always a delay in movement if the mouse was left at rest for any period of time, and in an FPS gaming situation, I would always end up dead in the time it took for the lag to catch up to my movements. As time went on, these things were improved, but what you are about to see is something I have never seen offered in a wireless mouse, and is also something I think you will be really impressed with as well. Logitech is making huge strides to free up the desk from extra wires and clutter, while delivering a wireless rechargeable mouse that on paper should work just as good, if not better than the conventional wired offering.
The mouse in question is the new G700s rechargeable gaming mouse from Logitech. I have never seen a rechargeable mouse that didn't require a base, or one that didn't require some sort of off-mouse charging system for your own batteries. Here you are about to see not only a wireless mouse, but it can also run wired if you think you have the need. The main reason for this wire is to charge the battery inside of the mouse, but the secondary feature of it is that while you are charging, you can also continue right back to the gaming with the simple click of a mini-USB plug being added to the front of the mouse.
On top of that, there is some killer software that not only gives you full control of the G700s, but it also offers three usage profiles to either keep the mouse running full time to eliminate input lag, or you can set it completely opposite to extend the battery life as long as possible.
I have said way too much already, but also hopefully enough to keep you interested and looking deeper into what the Logitech G700s is all about and why you should have one on your desk. I know it won't be leaving mine any time soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure