Our last few large capacity NAS server reviews were very high-end units that we tested with 10GbE Ethernet. 10GbE is a rapidly growing market, but due to the high cost of 10GbE switches and network adapters, it's still an enterprise option that most of us aren't ready for in our offices.
After that string of reviews you may be under the impression that all large capacity NAS servers have moved into this high-end class of products, but that isn't the case.
QNAP's TS-X69 series of products doesn't have the 10GbE capabilities as the higher spec models, but they do incorporate all of the other latest and greatest features. By eliminating 10GbE, QNAP was able to reduce the cost of the TS-X69 series. Instead users get dual gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, eSATA and QNAP's latest addition to the group, HDMI video out.
Today we're looking at QNAP's TS-869 Pro, an eight drive bay unit with more hardware and software bells and whistles than and medium sized office will ever use. You don't need to use all of the add-on features that go beyond data storage right away, the features are good for future use.
We'll look at the full gamut of features today, and then test the throughput of the TS-869 Pro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage