It's been over a year since our last deep dive into QNAP's software and quite a bit has changed since then.
QNAP, never one to rest on their previous accomplishments has improved upon existing features and also added several new functions to their NAS products. One of the greatest features of the software is that the new features are backward compatible with your existing QNAP NAS; you don't have to purchase a new appliance to take advantage of QNAP's new developments.
A few months ago we dove right into QNAP's new MyCloudNAS Service, but several other features were added in the 3.6 software release that we haven't covered. Among those are a new VPN Server, LDAP Server, Storage Plug & Play and Proxy Server. Improvements were also made to the Music Station, Photo Station, QPKG Center, Backup Services and a new Web File Manager with URL Sharing.
Today we're going to take a rare look at the inner software functions of QNAP's new 3.6 software. We are using the new QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP server for this deep dive. A review of the amazing TS-EC1279U-RP will come in a few days, so make sure to check back soon for that as well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [QNAP Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Getting Connected - the Log in Process]
- Page 4 [System Administration]
- Page 5 [Disk Management]
- Page 6 [Access Right Management]
- Page 7 [Network Services]
- Page 8 [Application Server Functions]
- Page 9 [Backup and External Device]
- Page 10 [MyCloudNAS and System Status]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit