It's easy to say that one occurrence is a fluke or simply luck, but two is a trend.
Today we're looking at the second NAS to hit our lab with 10GbE networking. Actually, this is more like the fifth or six with 10GbE network capability, but 10G is trickling down from the high-end enterprise so fast that we are now able to test it for small and medium sized business products.
Just days ago we strolled through the latest QNAP 3.6 software and promised to take on QNAP's latest enterprise NAS product. The new TS-EC1279U-RP is a rack mount solution that pushes past entry-level and right into the middle of the enterprise market.
Given the competition in this area, names like Dell and HP, it would seem that QNAP is ready to tackle an entirely different market segment, one that's also quite profitable.
For businesses, QNAP's entry to this market should be met with a blast of enthusiasm. QNAP's products have excellent build quality, are enterprise stable and are capable of performing several server level operations at the same time. Best of all, the QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP doesn't break the bank.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP]
- Page 5 [QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP Internals]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard