It's easy to say that one occurrence is a fluke or simply luck, but two is a trend.
Today we're looking at the second NAS to hit our lab with 10GbE networking. Actually, this is more like the fifth or six with 10GbE network capability, but 10G is trickling down from the high-end enterprise so fast that we are now able to test it for small and medium sized business products.
Just days ago we strolled through the latest QNAP 3.6 software and promised to take on QNAP's latest enterprise NAS product. The new TS-EC1279U-RP is a rack mount solution that pushes past entry-level and right into the middle of the enterprise market.
Given the competition in this area, names like Dell and HP, it would seem that QNAP is ready to tackle an entirely different market segment, one that's also quite profitable.
For businesses, QNAP's entry to this market should be met with a blast of enthusiasm. QNAP's products have excellent build quality, are enterprise stable and are capable of performing several server level operations at the same time. Best of all, the QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP doesn't break the bank.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP]
- Page 5 [QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP Internals]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series