Power line networking adapters are really nothing new. They have been in use in Europe and the Pacific for years. This is due mainly to the way buildings are constructed (and the large number of older stone and brick buildings) where you can end up with a large wireless dead zone in your own home. Enter the power line adapter. It can use the electrical circuits in your home to create a LAN connection. Power line adapters have been making their way over to the U.S. as well.
The adoption of power line has been slow in the U.S. mostly due to the wood and gypsum board construction in houses. There are still places where older steel and stone construction interferes with wireless signals and it is there that we see the most significant market. Power line adapters like the HP-3000E are also becoming popular with people concerned about wireless security.
The Air Live HP-3000E is very typical of your basic starter kit. It features two 200Mbps power line adapters, two CAT-5 cables and the configuration software needed to setup your power line network. It can get you up and running in a few minutes with a secure physical connection to even the most remote parts of your house.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung should unveil dual-screen, foldable phone NEXT MONTH
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct