The Bottom Line
With the launch of the latest Powerline networking technology, Netgear, like many other vendors, has launched their 1200Mbps solution. The PL1200 as Netgear has branded this latest kit carries some unique features that set it apart from the rest.
The Netgear PL1200 along with the latest Powerline technology supporting speeds up to 1200 Mbps also carries plug and play functionality and one touch security. MIMO or multiple streams are used within the Netgear platform allowing users to connect multiples of adapters to expand your network with reliability. Adding to the package, the PL1200 kit features smart technology that allows the adapters to power down when not in use saving energy over older solutions.
MSRP of the Netgear PL1200 is listed at $79.99 with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the Netgear PL1200 carries an image of the kit to the left with marketing information to the right. The top of the packaging displays the performance at up to 1200 Mbps.
Scope of delivery includes both adapters, two Ethernet cables, and a quick start guide.
The adapters, like most, house three LEDs on the front. Each of the LEDs denote a specific function including power, connectivity, and security.
The bottom of the adapter houses the Ethernet port, reset, and security button.
Like I have stated in past reviews, Powerline 1200 technology makes use of the third prong for its increased performance.
Performance of the kit was quite good. When compared to our previous best kit, the TRENDnet TPL420, the Netgear solution is right on par with it from start to finish at 400 Mbps.
In the last month, we have seen Powerline 1200 solutions come flying through the lab. With our first being the TRENDnet that was quickly followed up with Comtrend and now Netgear. Out of all these kits, we have seen the Netgear device fits right up there as one of the better units in terms of build quality. One touch security makes setting up these adapters really simple and allows users to quickly extend their home network, without the need for an intense amount of Ethernet cabling.
Performance of the PL1200 was right with that of the TRENDnet solution as we found above in our chart. Throughout testing, we saw the Netgear kit hover around 400 Mbps, which seems to be the average for this technology so far. Adding to the functionality of the PL1200 kit is the ability for these units to shut down when not in use, saving energy and precious network bandwidth.
Overall, Netgear has done a great job in the design and functionality of this kit, and adding to it is the amazing MSRP of just $79.99.
|Quality including Design and Build||86%|
|Bundle and Packaging||82%|
|Value for Money||95%|
The Bottom Line: If you are in the market for the best Powerline 1200 solution at the best price, it's going to be hard to beat the Netgear PL1200 kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Nintendo Switch takes third place for best-selling console of all time
- Rockstar to end lawsuit with fans that reverse-engineered Grand Theft Auto
- Former Coinbase official pleads guilty to making millions from insider trading
- Microsoft swipes at Google's crown with new ChatGPT-powered search engine
- NASA's Mars rover photographs metallic object that collided with the surface
- MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- MSI Titan GT77 HX 13VI (2023) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASRock Industrial NUCS BOX-1360P/D4 SFF PC Review
- Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-6000 32GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Fractal Design North Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Phison E26 B58R 1,600MT 2TB SSD Preview - PCIe Gen5 storage is here
- Silicon Motion SM2267XT DRAMless Laptop SSD Preview - Speed and Efficiency
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Unboxed: FE, ASUS, MSI and ZOTAC
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 OC Shootout: ASUS, COLORFUL, FE, MSI, GAINWARD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Unboxed: FE, ASUS ROG Strix, MSI SUPRIM LIQUID