In my short time with PC's I have always looked to see what other people were using to house their hardware in. Some of the cleanest and sexiest PC builds were done in a couple of cases that caught my eye. These are the FT01 and the TJ09 cases from SilverStone. The only issue was that I always tended to opt to buy a cheaper case and spread my dollars elsewhere in the build. Nothing against SilverStone, I just couldn't afford that kind of luxury at the time.
SilverStone has now released a new revolution to the ATX community by designing a chassis that allows the heat to naturally rise through the case by orienting the motherboard tray 90° to the right. This essentially lays the board on its side and then has the CPU fan and video cards exhausting out the top of the case. This concept seems so obvious now, but it took SilverStone to throw all their eggs in a new basket and run with it to actually bring this to the market. And still, this isn't all of it! - SilverStone took another step outside the box of the "average" case and created stealth inspired panels and covers to make the RAVEN RV01 shaped like no other.
Looking at the outside of the box and reading over the features and what is inside, I have to say it looks like SilverStone has thought of everything. Matte black Exterior and odd angled trimmings makes this case a "love it or hate it" type of design. Myself, I'm still not sure on the outside looks, but just from looking at the box, I am impressed with what is done inside. I think it is about time we open the SST-RV01B-W and see if SilverStone has thought of all the angles, not just the ones on the outside of the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit