AMD demoed a pre-production 16-core Zen 4-based processor at Computex 2022, with a huge all-core 5.5GHz while gaming... and now, now MSI has teased a 16-core, 32-thread Zen 4 CPU in its latest video.
In the new MSI "How To Install/Uninstall AMD AM5 CPU", the company shows off some "AMD ENG SAMPLE" processors that have some clear labels on them. VideoCardz points back to a leak from January with two OPEN codes for AMD engineering samples: 665, and the devilish 666.
The '665' SKU is a 16-core, 32-thread variant and should be the Zen 4-powered Ryzen 9 7950 XT processor, while the '666' SKU would be an 8-core, 16-thread variant that should end up being the Ryzen 7 7800X processor.
- Read more: ASUS details its next-gen ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme motherboard
- Read more: AMD demos Ryzen 7000 series Zen 4 CPU at all-core 5.5GHz while gaming
- Read more: AMD's new X670 Extreme chipset: 'PCIe 5.0 everywhere' for GPU + SSD
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor (AMD Ryzen 9 5950X)
- > NEXT STORY: Elon Musk reveals his wild Elden Ring character level and build
- < PREVIOUS STORY: GameStop NFT marketplace coming in July, crypto wallet now available