Rambus has joined its competitors in announcing a next-gen PCIe 6.0 controller for next-generation data centers.
The new Rambus PCIe 6.0 controller will allow super-speeds across data-intensive markets, these include not just data centers but also AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning) as well as IoT (Internet of Things), defense, and aerospace.
Sean Fan, chief operating officer at Rambus explains: "The rapid advancement of AI/ML and data-intensive workloads requires that we continue to provide higher data rate solutions with best-in-class latency, power, and area. As the latest addition to our portfolio of industry-leading interface IP, our PCIe 6.0 Controller offers customers an easy to integrate solution that delivers both performance and security for advanced SoCs and FPGAs".
- Read more: Phison talks next-gen PCIe 5.0, PCIe 6.0, PCIe 7.0 SSDs of the future
- Read more: Synopsys first with complete IP solution for PCIe 6.0 tech in Q3 2021
- Read more: PCIe 6.0 specification teased: ushers in 32GB/sec SSDs of the future
Key features of the Rambus PCIe 6.0 Controller include:
- Supports PCIe 6.0 specification including 64 GT/s data rate and PAM4 signaling
- Supports fixed-sized FLITs that enable high-bandwidth efficiency
- Implements low-latency Forward Error Correction (FEC) for link robustness
- Internal data path size automatically scales up or down (256, 512, 1024 bits) based on max. link speed and width for reduced gate count and optimal throughput
- Backward compatible to PCIe 5.0, 4.0 and 3.0/3.1
- Supports Endpoint, Root-Port, Dual-Mode, and Switch port configurations
- Integrated IDE optimized for performance
- > NEXT STORY: Halo Infinite Big Team Battle BTB: New fix will take 'some time'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft clearly doesn't get NFT market, Quartz NFTs are bad business