Intel's new Alder Lake CPU platform is about as close as it can be to me smelling that fresh silicon, with BIOSTAR now officially teasing its next-gen Z690-based motherboards.
BIOSTAR is preparing at least two Z690 motherboards with new Racing and Valkyrie Z690 motherboards, which will take Intel's new LGA1700-based 12th Gen "Alder Lake" CPUs. We don't know if these new BIOSTAR motherboards are DDR5 or DDR4, since Alder Lake can accept both -- but I'd say at least one, if not both of these new motherboards, are ready for next-gen DDR5 memory.
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Alder Lake architecture: everything you need to know
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Z690 chipset pictured in the flesh, hello Alder Lake
- Read more: Intel's new LGA1700 socket detailed: ready for new Alder Lake CPUs
Here's the official tweet in question from BIOSTAR which is teasing its next-gen motherboards, of course without spoiling that they're based on the new 600-series chipset from Intel and ready for the next-gen Alder Lake family of CPUs.
We should expect Intel to launch its new Alder Lake CPUs during its Innovation event on October 28, with pre-orders going live on that day, and then the CPUs and 600-series motherboards launching on November 4. You can expect CPU and motherboards here from us at TweakTown, and I'll explore the GPU side of things with a new Core i9-12900K testbed and running all of my GPUs through it (and Windows 11, too).
- Read more: Intel Z690 chipset detailed: 16 x PCIe 5.0 lanes for next-gen GPUs
- Read more: Intel 12th Gen Core 'Alder Lake-S' launch in November: PCIe 5.0 + DDR5
- Read more: Don't worry, Intel's new Z690 chipset mobos keep 24-pin connector
- Read more: GIGABYTE's next-gen Z690 AORUS Master, Elite mobos listed in Australia
- > NEXT STORY: Final Fantasy 16's storyline is complete, game dev is progressing well
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Friday the 13th dev Illfonic might be making a Ghostbusters game