Cyberpunk 2077 runs like certifiable shit on the base PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, with no amount of day one patches from CD PROJEKT RED fixing the crappy performance on the baseline now previous-gen consoles.
First there were some videos of Cyberpunk 2077 on the base PS4 uploaded to YouTube, then came in the tech-heavy Digital Foundry with some official numbers. Cyberpunk 2077 renders at a dynamic 900p on the base PS4 -- dropping to 720p and just 15FPS.
But wait up, if you've got the PS4 Pro you'll go up to a dynamic resolution of 972p through to 1188p and a more stable framerate (that still dips into the 20s). Sorry, if you've got a current-gen PS4, PS4 Pro or Xbox One/S then you're going to have a choppy time playing Cyberpunk 2077.
- Read more: Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K on $1499 GeForce RTX 3090... just 22FPS average
- Read more: Cyberpunk 2077 early performance numbers: yeah, it's the new Crysis
- Read more: Here's the Cyberpunk 2077 pre-load and unlock time details worldwide
- Read more: Cyberpunk 2077 will have a huge 43GB update soon after launch
- > NEXT STORY: So, I met Hideo Kojima in Cyberpunk 2077 and he was an ass to me
- < PREVIOUS STORY: New Cyberpunk 2077 update reduces pop-in, fixes TONS of quests