Crysis Remastered hasn't had the best launch so far, and while it has been watered down enough to get onto the mobile Nintendo Switch -- we're still waiting for it here on the PC and consoles.
Well, Crytek has officially announced that Crysis Remastered -- which was originally meant to drop on July 23, has been penciled in for a release on September 18. You will be able to pick up Crysis Remastered for $30 on the Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, and PlayStation Store.
You'll notice I didn't list that Crysis Remastered would drop on Steam, but I'm sure it will -- so we'll have to wait and see if Crytek keep us happy (by releasing it on Steam) or feel the wrath of pissed of PC gamers if it's locked to the Epic Games Store.
To tide you over, check out this 8K screenshot from Crysis Remastered.
Crysis Remastered Features
- HD/4K textures
- Screen Space Direction Occlusion (SSDO)
- Voxel-based global illumination (SVOGI)
- High-end volumetric fog/lighting effects and reflections
- Software-based ray-tracing in CryEngine 5.6
- Motion blur
- Parallax occlusion mapping
- New particle effects
- Enhanced depth of field
More on Crysis Remastered
The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around - now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit's speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges - including a zero-g battlefield- require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
What You Need To Know
- Where can you watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal? You can do that here, with more information on EA and Crytek's official gameplay trailer for the game... that should hopefully be in 4K.
- When does Crysis Remastered come out? (Update: it has been delayed by "a few weeks". Read more on that disappointing news here. We're expecting it to drop on July 23, 2020 -- but EA and Crytek will confirm that during the Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer reveal event. I'll update this part once we have 100% confirmation.
- How much will it cost? Hopefully it's not very expensive, and less than $30. Once again, I'll update this once we have confirmation on how much Crysis Remastered costs.
- What will I need to run it? We can expect minimum and recommended PC requirements for Crysis Remastered in the next 24 hours or so. I'll update this bit when we know what we need to run it -- but if you want to run everything dialed up to maximum, then you're going to need some monstrous PC hardware power.
- Does it have ray tracing? Yes it does, and that's something we'll have more details about soon.
- Do I need to play the original Crysis? Nope, this is a remaster -- it's the original Crysis, but with radically improved graphics, and technology. There are tweaks, but the fundamental game and foundation of Crysis is there. Maximum Awesome.
- Crysis Remastered on Nintendo Switch runs at 540-720p in handheld mode
- Crysis Remastered shines on Nintendo Switch, runs at 720p 30FPS
- Crysis Enhanced Edition now out, could beat Crysis Remastered
- Crysis Remastered NOT delayed on Nintendo Switch, drops on July 23
- Maximum sigh: Crytek delays Crysis Remastered hours before its reveal
- Check out this Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer before it's removed
- Crysis Remastered runs at 4K on Xbox One X, download size is just 7GB
- Here's where you can watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal
- Crysis Remastered leaks: gameplay reveal on July 1, full game July 23
- This Crysis mod has re-textured 8K rocks and ground textures, and more
- Crysis Remastered announced: PC version has ray tracing
- Crysis remaster teased on Twitter: 'Hey Nomad, you're still with us?'
Crysis Remastered Reveal Video
- > NEXT STORY: Batman is dead in new WB Montreal's new Gotham Knights game
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft makes Xbox collector's editions digital-only, no disc included