Crytek may have pushed out the release of Crysis Remastered on the PC and other consoles, but the Nintendo Switch version of the game is still going for a Maximum Launch on July 23, 2020.
In a recent developer livestream we found out some more details on the rendering resolution of Crysis Remastered on the Nintendo Switch. We previously heard reports that suggested it would be running at 720p 30FPS -- but now we know the rendering resolutions in both docked, and handheld modes.
Crysis Remastered will be running somewhere between 720p and 900p when in docked mode, while on-the-go the resolution takes a sharp hit dropping down to somewhere between 540p and 720p.
Another factoid is that Crysis Remastered will be using FXAA on the Nintendo Switch version of the game, but it will not be using any form of software-based ray tracing. Meanwhile, the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will have ray tracing goodness.
Crysis Remastered launches on the Nintendo Switch on July 23, and at some point in the future on the PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Crysis Remastered Features
- HD/4K textures
- Screen Space Direction Occlusion (SSDO)
- Voxel-based global illumination (SVOGI)
- High-end volumetric fog/lighting effects and reflections
- Software-based ray-tracing in CryEngine 5.6
- Motion blur
- Parallax occlusion mapping
- New particle effects
- Enhanced depth of field
More on Crysis Remastered
The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around - now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit's speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges - including a zero-g battlefield- require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
What You Need To Know
- Where can you watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal? You can do that here, with more information on EA and Crytek's official gameplay trailer for the game... that should hopefully be in 4K.
- When does Crysis Remastered come out? (Update: it has been delayed by "a few weeks". Read more on that disappointing news here. We're expecting it to drop on July 23, 2020 -- but EA and Crytek will confirm that during the Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer reveal event. I'll update this part once we have 100% confirmation.
- How much will it cost? Hopefully it's not very expensive, and less than $30. Once again, I'll update this once we have confirmation on how much Crysis Remastered costs.
- What will I need to run it? We can expect minimum and recommended PC requirements for Crysis Remastered in the next 24 hours or so. I'll update this bit when we know what we need to run it -- but if you want to run everything dialed up to maximum, then you're going to need some monstrous PC hardware power.
- Does it have ray tracing? Yes it does, and that's something we'll have more details about soon.
- Do I need to play the original Crysis? Nope, this is a remaster -- it's the original Crysis, but with radically improved graphics, and technology. There are tweaks, but the fundamental game and foundation of Crysis is there. Maximum Awesome.
- Maximum sigh: Crytek delays Crysis Remastered hours before its reveal
- Check out this Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer before it's removed
- Crysis Remastered runs at 4K on Xbox One X, download size is just 7GB
- Here's where you can watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal
- Crysis Remastered leaks: gameplay reveal on July 1, full game July 23
- This Crysis mod has re-textured 8K rocks and ground textures, and more
- Crysis Remastered announced: PC version has ray tracing
- Crysis remaster teased on Twitter: 'Hey Nomad, you're still with us?'