It looks like the hype train for NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce RTX 20 series refresh/super release is gaining traction with leaks of the purported cards arriving on Chinese forum Weibo, confirming my story that there will be not one, but three new 'Super' GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards.
The new graphics cards will still be based on the Turing GPU architecture and should replace the current GeForce RTX 20 series card price points, and then drop the current price of RTX 20 series cards. We can expect the new Super range to be led by the flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Super which will be the card featuring overclocked GDDR6 memory.
The full specs on the purported GeForce RTX 2080 Super include the full TU104 GPU, 3072 CUDA cores, 8GB of GDDR6 at 16Gbps on a 256-bit memory bus. We already know most of the leaked info on the RTX 2070 Super but the RTX 2060 Super sounds like it'll be the most interesting of the bunch.
NVIDIA's purported GeForce RTX 2060 Super reportedly arrives with 8GB of GDDR6 (up from the 6GB of GDDR6 on offer with the normal RTX 2060) while the memory bus will reportedly be amped up to a 256-bit memory bus versus the 192-bit memory bus on the normal RTX 2060. We are told to expect the TU106 GPU for a larger 256-bit memory bus but it will drop 2 SMs from the TU106 die (36 vs 34).
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 'Super' Pricing Prediction
- GeForce RTX 2080 - $799 (current price)
- GeForce RTX 2080 Super - $699
- GeForce RTX 2080 - $549-$600 (possible price drop price)
- GeForce RTX 2070 - $599 (current price)
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super - $549
- GeForce RTX 2070 - $449-$499 (possible price drop price)
- GeForce RTX 2060 - $349 (current price)
- GeForce RTX 2060 Super - $349-$399
- GeForce RTX 2060 - $299 (possible price drop price)