NVIDIA's new GeForce 381.65 WHQL drivers are here, with optimizations for Quake Champions, support for Windows 10 Creators Update, and Dolby Vision support for games. You can grab the new drivers right here.
Inside, the new GeForce 381.65 drivers include DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker setups, and NVIDIA Ansel for Snape Pass and Kona. There are the usual bug fixes as well, with Battlefield 1's shimmering issues on grass/trees with SLI owners and in-game TAA enabled being fixed, as well as GTX 980 Ti owners getting stuck in low power state when they Alt-Tab from a game, and the new drivers also fix the flickering issues in Serious Sam HD when V-Sync is enabled.
They also include support for the newly-announced TITAN Xp graphics card, with the full list of release notes below:
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake Champions Closed Beta.
New Product Support
- Added support for the NVIDIA TITAN Xp.
- Added support for Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Added DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration.
- Added Dolby Vision support for games.
- Added NVIDIA® AnselTM support for Snake Pass and Kona.
- NVIDIA Control Panel
- Display page: Added the option to override the Windows 10 control of desktop color settings.
- Manage 3D Settings page: Added option to disable self-refresh power-saving feature for G-Sync.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Descent: Underground - updated
- 3D Vision Profiles
- No 3D Vision profiles were added with this version.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.65
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
- [XSplit][DirectX 12 games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Games experience poor performance.
- [GeForce GTX TITAN X][SLI][Battlefield 1- XP1 Update]: Shimmering occurs on grass and trees with SLI and in-game TAA enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 1070][Serious Sam HD]: Heavy flickering occurs in the game with V-sync enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 980 Ti]: The GPU occasionally gets stuck in a low power state after pressing Alt-Tab while playing a game.
- >> NEXT STORY: Apple's new iMac will be the highest-end iMac ever
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung has started work on the Galaxy S9 smartphone