The first update to Rainbow Six: Siege has been detailed by Ubisoft, something that will include an Ultra HD texture pack for the PC. Not only that, but it does include so much more that we'll detail below:
New Content & Features
- Visual Update
- DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players
- Community Health
- Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Hit Registration
- Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
- Pawn rotation latency
- Shield positioning while rappelling
- Shooting and moving while rappelling
- Kill cam replication issues
- Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)
- Playlist Changes
- PvP – Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist
- Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD
- Ranked Matchmaking Improvements
- Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
- The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
- Skill rank icon is now displayed on the game's main screen, next to your level.
- Other Matchmaking Improvements
- PvP & PvE matchmaking bug fixes
- PvP – Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- PvE – Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced wave sizes in Terrorist Hunt – Disarm Bomb.
- Player Comfort
- Increased the amount of characters available tin the chatbox from 32 characters to 128 characters.
- Glaz scope visibility enhanced.
Top Community Raised Bug Fixes
- Gameplay fixes
- Level Design fixes
- Online Flow fixes
- Visual fixes
- UI fixes
- Miscellaneous fixes
- > NEXT STORY: Fallout 4 player charts the Commonwealth's irradiated oceans
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Project Reality successor Squad launches on Steam, tops charts