X299-Aorus Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1220 audio codec is used in conjunction with an ESS Sabre 9218PQ, and WIMA film capacitors and Gold Series electrolytic audio capacitors.
A 2.5Gbit NBase-T Realtek RTL8125 which offers up to 2.5Gbit, 1Gbit, and 100Mbit speeds, and they added an Intel i219v for Gbit LAN. An Intel Wireless AC 8265 rated up to 867Gbps with BT 4.2.
Rear USB 3.1 comes from an ASMedia ASM3142 along with a HD3220 switch that controls the type-C port and there is a single port re-driver, but we are unsure if it's used for the type-A or type-C rear USB 3.1 port. There is another ASM3142 used for the internal USB 3.1 header.
A GL850 USB 2.0 hub is used to increase internal USB 2.0 header count. The main SuperIO is the IT8686E.
There is an IT8951 is hidden under a PCI-E slot, and it is responsible for QFlash Plus USB BIOS recovery. There are two BIOS ROMs on this motherboard, one of them is replaceable and sits in a DIP socket.
An ISC6V41742B is used as a clock generator to allow for BCLK overclocking. An IT8795E is used to expand fan control.
An IT8297FN is used for RGB LED control.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Aorus Master Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Aorus Master Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Aorus Master Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best