Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
In all but one of our recent Corsair CPU cooler reviews, we have tended to slam Corsair for their lack of performance. However, after a bit of time, when it came to testing the H150i RGB Platinum, we saw them turning the corner.
The reason we bring this up is that to us, as well as many consumers, we want coolers that perform first and foremost, as it seems no company out there is worried about being the best or a chart topper anymore. Many companies seem to be moving to "features" being the most significant selling point, which is nice and all, but it tends to leave the cooling market in a stagnate state.
Before we got our hands-on the H115i with an NDA date we had to meet, we were also sent a smaller version from the previous generation of AIOs from Corsair. It is this series of coolers which we seemed to find the lackluster performance that drove us to continue to knock points off of awards in the past, but it does appear there is a sleeper in that lineup as well. We are speaking of the Corsair H100i PRO RGB, where it seems Corsair finally got things right with the mix of fans, software control, and a set of features that will keep the masses happy.
While the Corsair H100i PRO RGB may not be the latest and greatest to come down the pipe, it is more than capable, which is an improvement on what we have seen recently. That is saying a lot about this cooler. Most of what you will see in this review will be things we have seen many times in the past, but with some aggr4essive tuning of the software, Corsair can grab our attention again, and can get to the top end of the chart this time, rather than being satisfied with average results. It appears we may have been a bit pre-mature to denounce the entire line from Corsair as a feature driven product, as it seems they had an Ace in the hole, but wanted us to wade through the mediocre products first before enticing us with the AIO CPU cooler we have for you now.
In the specifications chart we borrowed from the H110i PRO RGB product page, the first thing we see is that this CLC AIO is covered with a 5-year warranty. The chart then goes on to explain that the cold plate is made of copper, while the radiator is made of aluminum. The PWM notification not only goes for the fans, but the pump can also be controlled by this method, as well as user profiles offered in the iCUE software.
Dimensionally, the H100i PRO RGB has a radiator that is 276mm long, 120mm wide and is 27mm thick. While not published, we did measure the head unit and found it to be 80mm side to side, 64mm from top to bottom, and 33mm thick. The last thing you may desire for dimensional information is the length of the tubing, and we have found it to be around 380mm.
The fans which cool the radiator are Magnetic Levitation fans which are 120mm in size, and we get two of them. These fans are 120mm by 120mm and are 25mm thick, and are PWM controllable. The speed of the fans can range from 400 RPM on the low-end, and go as fast as 2400 RPM when let loose. This is what enables the 75 CFM rating, per fan, with 4.2mm H2O of static pressure, but can also deliver much noise to the room with the 37 dB(A) noise level.
Two things we skipped over that are found in the chart are the compatibility and the RGB nature of this product. Starting with the latter, only the head unit offers RGB lighting on this model. The fans do not have RGB lighting. As to the compatibility, the H100i PRO RGB will fit Intel LGA115X sockets and LGA2011/2066 sockets. On the AMD side of mounting, you can use this cooler with AM2, AM3, AM4, and with the purchase of a bracket, it is showing to work with TR4 sockets as well.
Cost is a big factor when it comes to buying anything POC related, and current pricing of the H100i PRO RGB is enticing. Corsair has the MSRP set to $119.99, which isn't all that bad to start. However, looking at Newegg for this cooler is a bit of a shock, as they are asking an astounding $159.99 right now. Skipping past that price, as nobody in their right mind is going to pay that price when much larger AIO solutions can be had at that cost, we moved on to Amazon. It was there where we found the best price, with a $109.99 ask, and at that cost, we feel there is value to be had.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair H100i PRO RGB CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price