The B450 Tomahawk shows us the goods with the heat sinks removed!
The VRM is in a 4+2 phase configuration, and while that might seem low, in this case the number of MOSFETs has been doubled per phase to decrease overall temperatures when the VRM is under high load. We find a Richtek 4+2 phase PWM designed for new AMD CPUs, and it has three integrated drivers for the VCore output (4 phases). The SoC phases and one VCore phase use Richtek RT9624F drivers (labeled 4P=). The MOSFETs are the ON Semiconductor NTMFS4C024N and NTMFS4C029, with two of each per phase.
The memory VRM is one phase with the same MOSFET configuration as the CPU phases, and it's controlled by a Richtek RT8125E PWM controller with integrated driver labeled "8Y=".
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI B450 Tomahawk (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI B450 Tomahawk (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450 Tomahawk Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25