Packaging and Overview
The box is pretty normal, but the packaging is a bit different from what SuperO has done in the past, you get all accessories neatly packaged in an accessory box.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, cable stickers, quick start guide, IO shield, driver DVD, and a SuperO case badge.
Supermicro put five fan headers on the C9X299-PG300, all of them are PWM headers that support up to 2.5A of current. You can control these headers through the BIOS or through SuperO Booster. We see that the motherboard has a unique heavy-duty aesthetic. For starters, everything is metal; there is no plastic on this motherboard. SuperO didn't cheap out when it comes to the shroud over the rear IO; it's solid metal. Under it is a silver heat sink that cools the 10Gbit NIC. The CPU has a single metal heat sink, and the PCH heat sink attaches to two M.2 heat sinks. The back of the motherboard features some POSCAP tantalum capacitors for the CPU VRM and some minor other ICs.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard/mouse, two USB 3.0 ports, three type-A USB 3.1 ports, a USB 3.1 type-C port, 1 Gbit NIC, 10 Gbit NIC, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E allotment is as such; with a 44-lane CPU it's x16/x16/x0/x8 or x16/x8/x8/x8, and with a 28-lane CPU it will be x16/x8/x4/x0. Both M.2 slots have heat sinks that are screwed into the PCH heat sink; they are substantial. Both M.2 slots are x4 PCI-E 3.0, and according to the website, they support RAID0 and 1. We aren't sure on what switches with what, but we will update this article when we find out. Right now, the motherboard has six quick switches that shouldn't exist, and the bottom two slots shouldn't have any switches attached to them, but both have them, so we assume PCI-E from the CPU is switched between one of the M.2 slots and the slots and one of the U.2 ports and the slots.
The motherboard offers up six SATA6Gb/s ports and two U.2 connectors. At the bottom-right of the motherboard, we find a USB 3.0 internal header, TPM header, and a POST code display.
The VRM also gets two 8-pin power connectors. At the bottom of the motherboard, we find a USB 2.0 internal header, power and reset buttons and a clear CMOS button near the VROC key port.
SuperO has added two RGB LED headers on the motherboard located right next to the COM header. The heat sinks all make solid contact, and it turns out the rear IO cover has RGBs integrated inside.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9X299-PG300 Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9X299-PG300 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9X299-PG300 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!