As of now our 7960X is capable of 4.4GHz with reasonable voltages and temperatures. We set LLC to Turbo, the input voltage to 2.1v, VCore to 1.18v, and XMP to enable. It seems that with the most recent BIOS versions we also need to disable C-States if we want to keep the CPU frequency from fluctuating. While we were able to take our G.Skill 3600Mhz quad channel kit to 3600Mhz with ease, we also were able to handle a GEIL EVO SPEAR at 3200Mhz with ease.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon UK website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]