ASRock's X99 Mini-ITX was one of a kind, and with the advent of Intel's X299 chipset, ASRock once again breaks the monotony of full-sized ATX motherboards and shrinks the HEDT X299 platform for small form factor (SFFPC) builds. The X299E-ITX/ac has many advantages over its predecessor.
For starters, you get three M.2 slots for drives, quad channel memory (albeit SO-DIMMs), a nice VRM, and even a custom water block you can buy separately. In fact, after working with the motherboard, I highly recommend buying the Bitspower full cover block if you plan on heavy overclocking, as it also cools down the VRMs.
Without further hesitation, let's see what the X299E-ITX/AC has to offer.
The X299E-ITX/ac offers three Ultra M.2 slots (two from CPU and one from PCH), USB 3.1, Wireless AC 2x2, dual Intel LAN, a single PCI-E x16 slot, and many other standard features such as USB 3.0 and SATA6Gb/s.
The X299E-ITX/ac costs $399.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299E-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking With G.Skill 3800MHz SO-DIMMs]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit