GIGABYTE launched a sole X399 motherboard for AMD's Threadripper CPUs at launch. However, other vendors didn't do much better. As the high-end desktop market is quite niche, motherboard vendors typically only put out a few high-end motherboards for the new sockets. At X399 launch, most of the motherboards we saw were aimed at gamers, they have tons of RGB LEDs, gaming NICs, and looked like gaming motherboards. However, that isn't what the X399 platform is about.
The X399 platform is about power, workstation power, productivity power, and while gaming falls within the abilities of the X399 platform, it's not the only thing the platform is about. That is why GIGABYTE went back to the drawing board and designed the X399 Designare EX, GIGABYTE's second X399 motherboard designed to improve on their first.
Let's take a look.
The X399 Designare EX features a dual Intel NICs, USB 3.1, triple M.2 slots, support for 4-way multi-GPU, a Thunderbolt 3 GPIO header, Wireless AC, and high-end audio.
The X399 Designare EX will cost $399.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1650 starts at $149 and uses 75W
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes