GIGABYTE launched a sole X399 motherboard for AMD's Threadripper CPUs at launch. However, other vendors didn't do much better. As the high-end desktop market is quite niche, motherboard vendors typically only put out a few high-end motherboards for the new sockets. At X399 launch, most of the motherboards we saw were aimed at gamers, they have tons of RGB LEDs, gaming NICs, and looked like gaming motherboards. However, that isn't what the X399 platform is about.
The X399 platform is about power, workstation power, productivity power, and while gaming falls within the abilities of the X399 platform, it's not the only thing the platform is about. That is why GIGABYTE went back to the drawing board and designed the X399 Designare EX, GIGABYTE's second X399 motherboard designed to improve on their first.
Let's take a look.
The X399 Designare EX features a dual Intel NICs, USB 3.1, triple M.2 slots, support for 4-way multi-GPU, a Thunderbolt 3 GPIO header, Wireless AC, and high-end audio.
The X399 Designare EX will cost $399.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases