GIGABYTE launched a sole X399 motherboard for AMD's Threadripper CPUs at launch. However, other vendors didn't do much better. As the high-end desktop market is quite niche, motherboard vendors typically only put out a few high-end motherboards for the new sockets. At X399 launch, most of the motherboards we saw were aimed at gamers, they have tons of RGB LEDs, gaming NICs, and looked like gaming motherboards. However, that isn't what the X399 platform is about.
The X399 platform is about power, workstation power, productivity power, and while gaming falls within the abilities of the X399 platform, it's not the only thing the platform is about. That is why GIGABYTE went back to the drawing board and designed the X399 Designare EX, GIGABYTE's second X399 motherboard designed to improve on their first.
Let's take a look.
The X399 Designare EX features a dual Intel NICs, USB 3.1, triple M.2 slots, support for 4-way multi-GPU, a Thunderbolt 3 GPIO header, Wireless AC, and high-end audio.
The X399 Designare EX will cost $399.99.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]