CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
3DMark: Fire Strike
3DMark: Cloud Gate
Switching over from the 7900X to the 7960X means that the only two boards that are comparable in our charts are the Rampage VI Extreme and the X299 OC Formula. Both motherboard, at Intel's stock settings, produce solid results, and I can't say one is performing better than the other, at least not with Intel's stock settings. However, I will say there are no pitfalls in performance in either motherboard.
I don't too much too much credence into benchmarking the CPU or GPU to see how well the motherboard does, as the difference is almost always within the margin of error. These tests are to make sure performance isn't below that margin, or to see what's going on if it's above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]