Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS is using a Realtek ALC1220 along with an ESS Sabre 9023P DAC which provide excellent sound output. A Texas Instruments RC4580 is used as a buffer for more stable voltage levels, Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors, a high precision clock source, and physical PCB division to improve audio quality.
An Intel i211AT is used as the GBit NIC, and a Realtek RT8822BE controller is used for the Wireless AC. I haven't really seen this wireless card used, but it's a wave 2 wireless AC device and supports MU-MIMO.
We find the integrated USB 3.1 from the chipset routed to what must be an ASMedia USB 3.1 re-driver, the ASM1562, and then to an ASM1543 type-C switch/CC logic chip, and then into the USB 3.1 internal header. The rear IO gets its USB 3.1 from an ASMedia ASM1142 that outputs to one type-A port and to a type-C port after going through an ASM1543 port. I am unsure why ASUS used the ASM1142 instead of the ASM1143, 2142, or 3142, as they are all more recent.
The ICS clock generators, the 9VRS4883BKLF and 9DB833AGILF provide the ability to change the PCI-E/base clock speed of the CPU. The BIOS chip near the 128Mbit BIOS ROM provides USB Bios Flashback technology to recover a corrupt BIOS.
The AURA chip provides RGB LED technology to control the RGB headers and some onboard RGBs. The STM32 chip is a microcontroller that provides digital/addressable RGB LED control technology for the header and some of the built-in RGB LEDs.
We find multiple ROG chips around the motherboard, and they provide functions such as improved fan control or monitoring, overclocking features, Keybot, and other ROG-exclusive features. There is also a chip labeled TPU, and that provide TPU features.
The super IO chip is the ITE 8665E, and it provides hardware monitoring, fan control, and some system management. The UTC 75232 chip is a driver and receiver IC that provides the COM port. The ASMedia ASM1480 we see above switch the CPU's bandwidth between the two top x16 slots and the M.2 slot, so you can have them operating at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4(M.2).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Motherboards ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME retails for £260.00 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director