Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS is using a Realtek ALC1220 along with an ESS Sabre 9023P DAC which provide excellent sound output. A Texas Instruments RC4580 is used as a buffer for more stable voltage levels, Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors, a high precision clock source, and physical PCB division to improve audio quality.
An Intel i211AT is used as the GBit NIC, and a Realtek RT8822BE controller is used for the Wireless AC. I haven't really seen this wireless card used, but it's a wave 2 wireless AC device and supports MU-MIMO.
We find the integrated USB 3.1 from the chipset routed to what must be an ASMedia USB 3.1 re-driver, the ASM1562, and then to an ASM1543 type-C switch/CC logic chip, and then into the USB 3.1 internal header. The rear IO gets its USB 3.1 from an ASMedia ASM1142 that outputs to one type-A port and to a type-C port after going through an ASM1543 port. I am unsure why ASUS used the ASM1142 instead of the ASM1143, 2142, or 3142, as they are all more recent.
The ICS clock generators, the 9VRS4883BKLF and 9DB833AGILF provide the ability to change the PCI-E/base clock speed of the CPU. The BIOS chip near the 128Mbit BIOS ROM provides USB Bios Flashback technology to recover a corrupt BIOS.
The AURA chip provides RGB LED technology to control the RGB headers and some onboard RGBs. The STM32 chip is a microcontroller that provides digital/addressable RGB LED control technology for the header and some of the built-in RGB LEDs.
We find multiple ROG chips around the motherboard, and they provide functions such as improved fan control or monitoring, overclocking features, Keybot, and other ROG-exclusive features. There is also a chip labeled TPU, and that provide TPU features.
The super IO chip is the ITE 8665E, and it provides hardware monitoring, fan control, and some system management. The UTC 75232 chip is a driver and receiver IC that provides the COM port. The ASMedia ASM1480 we see above switch the CPU's bandwidth between the two top x16 slots and the M.2 slot, so you can have them operating at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4(M.2).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit