Initially, our thoughts were that this combo or peripherals might be just another average set for daily grinders out there, but we have completely changed our minds. Yes, the keyboard is built ergonomically, to relieve stresses and feel better while using it long term, and the mouse, while small, is comfortable to use with easily accessible buttons. However, that is where the line is drawn between the average sets we see, and what Logitech is trying to do. Not only are these devices wireless and Bluetooth capable, which has its own sets of benefits, once the Logitech Options Software is installed, but it also takes basic functionality beyond what many are used to, and simplifies all aspects for those who have to work on multiple devices throughout the day. Swapping devices with the press of a button, having the ability to double the mouse functionality and remapping a few keys on the keyboard are all well and good. However, what takes this over the top is Logitech Flow, which we have never seen before, and is something so handy, you will wonder how you ever got on without it.
While not intended for gaming use, we were able to get by and break up the monotony of working for many hours of the day with the MK850. We did have some limitations, but we will not hold that against Logitech or this combo, as this kit is designed to improve productivity and enhance workflow. What we are left with is a keyboard with a built-in wrist rest, dual stage adjustable feet in the back, an ergonomic shape to alleviate pain and stress, and an all-around comfortable feel of the low profile caps and rubber dome switches. We do find the 1000 DPI of the mouse a bit lacking with our 4K display, but when we used it on the laptop at 1080p, the slow feeling is diminished. Yes, the mouse is compact, yet anyone will find not issues using it, as it can get the job done for you, and with the additional features the software adds, can only help lessens the time it takes to do the day to day activities.
Initially, we thought the pricing might be a bit of a stretch for a rubber dome keyboard and a small mouse to accompany it, but we have found that the K850 and M720 combined in the MK850 Performance Combo is worth every penny it takes to get them to your door. Of course, we always recommend shopping wisely, to get the best deal possible, which currently is through Amazon at $92.23. To us, this is like buying a cheap drill for work usage versus buying something more industrial, which has all the features needed to get through every day on the job. Those stuck with average OEM keyboards and mice at work will love what Logitech is offering.
If you can speed up your day, simplify the desktop, and control multiple PCs and device all from one set of peripherals, spending a bit up front only makes sense to us. This is why we feel that Logitech is on the right path with what they delivered in the MK850 Performance Combo, and the market it is intended for is a huge segment of people, which will likely make this a huge hit.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: Many will blow the MK850 off as a high cost generic combo, but it's not the truth at all. Logitech has combined some common features and spiced things up with the Options Software, making this a god send for those who spend waking hours working from the PC or mobile devices.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech K850 Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Logitech M720 Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit