Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio hardware on this motherboard consists of the Realtek ALC1220 codec along with a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier. Gold series audio capacitors and physical PCB isolation help to improve overall audio signal quality.
Intel's i211AT and i219v are used to provide dual Intel Gbit LAN on the rear IO. The i211AT is a standalone controller while the i219v is a PHY is requires the integrated MAC in the PCH to become whole.
Intel's Wireless AC 3168NGW is a 1x1 433Mbps Wireless AC card, and it also offers Bluetooth. It's not as fast as 867Mbps 2x2 WIFI cards, but it does get the job done if you need internet connectivity. USB 3.1 comes from the new ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller that uses two PCI-E 3.0 lanes along with an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and controller chip.
An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub provides both the internal headers with the bandwidth of a single USB 3.0 link from the PCH. An ASMedia ASM1061 provides two extra SATA6Gb/s ports, for a total of ten.
ASRock has a custom Flash Back chip, which I assume is similar to ASUS's "BIOS" chip in that it provides USB BIOS recovery from a file on a USB stick inserted into a specific USB port on the rear IO. The ASmedia ASM1184e provides four PCI-E ports from just one. I assume it outputs to the PCI-E x1 slot, WIFI card, and ASM1061.
The nuvoton NCT6791D is the main superior. The nuvoton N76E885 is used as a microcontroller that provides extra features such as RGB LED support; I found the same IC on ASRock Z270 motherboards with RGB LED features.
The ICS 6V41742B is used as the clock generator on the motherboard; it enhances BCLK overclocking margins. All of these PCI-E quick switches and bus switches help to shift around a very confusing PCI-E lane arrangement, at least ASRock moved them to the back of the motherboard, so they don't interfere with the overall look of the product.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit