Our first ASRock X299 motherboard review is here, and today we will look at the X299 Taichi. The Taichi brand has been one ASRock has offered since they launched their X99 Taichi last year. The whole concept of the Taichi is balance and in this case a balance of price and features. The motherboards have always been solid, but never over the top or of lower quality than one might expect from a high-end motherboard.
The aesthetics of the motherboard also have not changed too much, the ying and yang white and black theme has moved over to silver and black, and ASRock has done much more to clean up the PCB to improve overall looks. Many of the motherboard's components can be found on the rear of the board. Let's see how this more affordable X299 motherboard does!
The X299 Taichi offers a lot of features including dual Intel LAN, three 32Gb/s M.2 slots, 10 SATA ports, a healthy amount of USB 3.0 and 3.1, and even WIFI.
The X299 Taichi costs $289.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon UK website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]