Our first ASRock X299 motherboard review is here, and today we will look at the X299 Taichi. The Taichi brand has been one ASRock has offered since they launched their X99 Taichi last year. The whole concept of the Taichi is balance and in this case a balance of price and features. The motherboards have always been solid, but never over the top or of lower quality than one might expect from a high-end motherboard.
The aesthetics of the motherboard also have not changed too much, the ying and yang white and black theme has moved over to silver and black, and ASRock has done much more to clean up the PCB to improve overall looks. Many of the motherboard's components can be found on the rear of the board. Let's see how this more affordable X299 motherboard does!
The X299 Taichi offers a lot of features including dual Intel LAN, three 32Gb/s M.2 slots, 10 SATA ports, a healthy amount of USB 3.0 and 3.1, and even WIFI.
The X299 Taichi costs $289.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series