The configuration tested today uses a 6700K (stock), an MSI Z170X SLI Plus motherboard, a GTX 1080 (stock), 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz TridentZ (stock 2133MHz), and a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
HandBrake Video Encoding
PCMark8 Home Test
3DMark Cloud Gate
Ashes of the Singularity
Grand Theft Auto V
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
Rise of The Tomb Raider
Calyos's NSG-S0 can be configured with a 7700K, which would bring its performance back in line with some of the other Kaby Lake/Pascal based systems. However, our unit uses a 6700K at stock, so performance should be a bit lower in CPU and some gaming benchmarks in regards to 7700K based systems. The latest configurations on Calyos's Kickstarter campaign do use a 7700K, so expect better results if you buy a pre-configured system.
Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The NSG-S0's SSD is a Samsung 850 Evo SATA6Gb/s drive, so it won't be as fast in sequential read and write tests as a system equipped with an NVMe M.2 drive. I wonder why Calyos didn't go with an M.2 drive, as the motherboard has a slot. I believe the answer to be partly aesthetics (the mounted SSD looks cool), and because M.2 drives without adequate airflow might throttle.
There are some motherboards with hefty M.2 heat sinks, if you buy the chassis without hardware and want to use an M.2 drive, I would look into adding a heat sink to it (a real heat sink).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the NSG-S0]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media