The configuration tested today uses a 6700K (stock), an MSI Z170X SLI Plus motherboard, a GTX 1080 (stock), 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz TridentZ (stock 2133MHz), and a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
HandBrake Video Encoding
PCMark8 Home Test
3DMark Cloud Gate
Ashes of the Singularity
Grand Theft Auto V
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
Rise of The Tomb Raider
Calyos's NSG-S0 can be configured with a 7700K, which would bring its performance back in line with some of the other Kaby Lake/Pascal based systems. However, our unit uses a 6700K at stock, so performance should be a bit lower in CPU and some gaming benchmarks in regards to 7700K based systems. The latest configurations on Calyos's Kickstarter campaign do use a 7700K, so expect better results if you buy a pre-configured system.
Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The NSG-S0's SSD is a Samsung 850 Evo SATA6Gb/s drive, so it won't be as fast in sequential read and write tests as a system equipped with an NVMe M.2 drive. I wonder why Calyos didn't go with an M.2 drive, as the motherboard has a slot. I believe the answer to be partly aesthetics (the mounted SSD looks cool), and because M.2 drives without adequate airflow might throttle.
There are some motherboards with hefty M.2 heat sinks, if you buy the chassis without hardware and want to use an M.2 drive, I would look into adding a heat sink to it (a real heat sink).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the NSG-S0]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- NVIDIA's new RTX technology powers ray traced Porsche
- Lenovo's new ThinkPad: up to 17-inch, Quadro GPU, Xeon CPU
- NVIDIA teases next-gen GeForce in 'Be For The Game' video
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- My windows get blue screens after i installed bios version F7 on gigabyte z97x gaming 5
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market