CPU overclocking was simple and straight forward. The first thing I did was set XMP, then I set the cores to 50x, and voltage to 1.28v with LLC level 5, I also set VCCSA to 1.25v. The system booted very easily, and I was able to run my Handbrake test. Even with its tiny VRM, it can drive the 7700K to 5GHz with ease.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz C16 8GBx2
GEIL EVO X RGB 3200MHz C16 8GBx2
GEIL EVO FORZA 3200MHz C16 8GBx2
The Z270GT8 overclocked all of our kits with ease by just enabling XMP, except it wasn't able to overclock the TridentZ 3866MHz with XMP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GT8 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]