Installation and Finished Product
When it came to assembly, the first thing we did was added the fans to the radiator. The pair of 140mm fans covers all of the fin area, and the long screws and washers compress the rubber inserts in the fan holes and eliminate any source of vibration.
The next step to take is to move the adjustable ends on the Intel backplate to the inner spot for this LGA115X motherboard. You then can set the plate over the holes, and the plate should settle in and rest against the back of the motherboard.
We then flipped the motherboard over, and in each of the holes, we screwed in the appropriate standoffs. Screw these in until the thread stops, and know that at this point the hardware will move around a bit.
As the other two do, the Kraken X62 can be seen peeking out over the top of the RAM. The head unit fittings are close, but we have no issues adjusting the angle of the tubing.
There should be a bit of play in the position of which the head unit can be installed. On the X42 it was close to the RAM like this, but on the X52 the gap between fittings and memory was wider. However, this is why NZXT mentions the 35mm restriction.
The 80mm diameter of the head unit is of no concern when it comes to clearance around it. The motherboard screws, the 8-pin, and the top PCI-e slot is all accessible.
Do not forget to do what the sticker on the head unit reminds you of. Make sure to connect the 9-pin and the Mini-USB connections to the head unit, and we would do it before installation, just to make life easy.
Even though the 280mm radiator is about the extent of what can be fit at the top of the D-Frame, the length of the tubing does not limit us from doing so. In our setup, we cannot complain about anything. The clearance is great around the cooler, and all the weight is hanging from the case, not the socket.
This is just the basics when it comes to the LED light show that is possible in the Kraken series of coolers. Once powered, the NZXT name and the ring surrounding it will glow with light, but the color or mode is your choice to make.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for £149 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit