Installation and Finished Product
This bit of the hardware needs to be used for LGA115X sockets only as LGA2011 and 2011-V3 sockets use screws that go into the top of the motherboard. After installing the standoffs, you then slide on the plastic clips to lock the standoffs into the location. Be sure the standoff is seated in the cap properly, and also be sure to use the middle position on the backplate for the side tabs to lock into.
The next step is to take what we just assembled, and as we align all of the standoffs, we allowed the backplate to settle onto the motherboard. There are holes at both ends, but the sides are also short enough not to conflict with the socket screws.
Mounted to the motherboard, seen behind the RAM, the Maker 92 appears tall and slender. Even though the tubing is wide on the side nearest the top PCI-e slot, the hose can be adjusted, and there is no fear of the braid or rubber to short against the video card.
If you should choose to run the Maker 92 horizontally, the height of the cooler shrinks drastically. Not only does this allow it to fit in smaller cases, but the airflow from the fans is also now blasting onto the motherboard.
In the vertical position, we find a gap between the cooler and the RAM, and the same is found for those using RAM on both sides of the cooler too.
Using the Maker 92 horizontally, there is more room between the two. We also found that with these taller sticks of memory that we use, the cooler did not make contact while pivoting it on the bracket either.
Make sure to connect the 4-pin fan connection from the cooler to the motherboard, as the PWM signal is used to drive the fans, and it also is used for the thermal setting of the motherboard to drive the front fan. In the vertical, the Maker 92 leaves room all around it.
If at all possible, install the Maker 92 vertical, then afterward twist it to the horizontal as seen here. While not blocking the 8-pin motherboard connection, room is at a minimum when inside of a case. Those with LGA2011 and 2011-V3 motherboards, the bit on the right comes from the top so that any RAM can be used on that side.
If you plan to use the MasterLiquid Maker 92 vertically, this is what you would see of the cooler if your chassis has a side panel window. The cooler is well short of conflicting with the motherboard screws, and we can easily populate the slot just under it.
Once moved to the horizontal orientation, we can see the cooler covers much more of the motherboard, but again, almost any memory will fit underneath of it, it just may not allow it to swivel freely without removal. Even so, the cooler does not cause any conflicts like this.
With both the 4-pin fan connection made and being certain to plug in the SATA power lead, both the Cooler Master logo and the pump light come on. If you do not connect the SATA cable, both lights will not turn on.
PRICING: You can find the Cooler Master MasterLiquid MAKER 92 CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cooler Master MasterLiquid MAKER 92 CPU Cooler retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Cooler Master MasterLiquid MAKER 92 CPU Cooler retails for £100 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterLiquid MAKER 92 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media