Logitech Gaming Software
After downloading and installing the software, opening it delivers this window to look at. Under the title, we can see the current battery charge, an image of the mouse in the middle, the ability to switch between onboard memory and automatic game detection, and a shortcut to the settings tab. Also, down along the bottom, is where all of the various tabs are listed to address each aspect of the feature set.
The next tab in line from the Home screen, this is where you address what the profiles will do for you. Clicking on the buttons on the image to the left allows you to start modifying the layout, and below that you can select which of the four ways you wish to use the side button layout.
The right side allows you to choose one of the five profiles to mess around with, and the larger window is where you can set the DPI levels. There is also an option to use one DPI setting, or you can choose to use up to five of them. You can also adjust the report rate setting or restore the profile defaults in this window.
Clicking one of the reprogrammable buttons brings up a new menu. There are predefined setting in which you can use from the mouse commands, and apply one to the button you wish to set to something new.
You can also set keystrokes to a mouse button via this tab. There is the ability to use a direct entry of the key wanted at the top, and you can also choose some of the options listed below, for more complicated inputs, without the need to make a Macro for them.
The last tab available allows access to the Macro Manager. It is pretty straightforward to use. You can tick the box to read time delays if needed, click the record button, and enter what you need. Once done, stop recording, and click OK to set it to that button.
There is also the ability to illuminate the mouse based on profiles. At the top, you select which profile you wish to adjust, and in the lower window, you can make the changes. The LED zones can be deactivated, cycle colors or use a breathing mode, and the brightness and rate of pulse or color change can also be set.
We did grab these images right before a recharge and is why the battery level is showing this low. The whole idea of this window is so that you can try different settings from the middle, and look at the power draw on the right. This way you can adjust things within the G900 and extend battery life with minor tweaks.
Surface tuning can be a step missed by a lot of mice out there. With a sensor this accurate, it only makes sense to adjust it to whatever mouse pad you do choose to use. We had already tuned to one of our test mats at this point, which required holding the left button, doing figure eights, and releasing the button when the time was up. The software and sensor recalibrate, and you get the utmost readability of whatever mouse pad or surface you choose.
The last tab offers a way to look at what you do most with this mouse. You can start the application via software or by mapping it to a G key, and then simply use the mouse for a while. When you get back to this window, you can see the results in either a key press heat map or key duration heat map presentations.
PRICING: You can find the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse retails for $144 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse retails for £120 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the G900 Chaos Spectrum]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit