Another interesting motherboard in the nude.
The VRM on the Z170X-Designare is an 8+3 phase VRM and uses custom branded Power inductors and 10K black polymer solid capacitors.
The Intersil ISL95856 is a 4+3 phase hybrid PWM that provides 4+3 phases that are then doubled to 8+3 phases, for the CPU VCore + integrated GPU. The ISL95856 has three integrated drivers, so GIGABYTE adds four more to support all the phases. Each phase uses a Vishay SiRA12 for the high-side MOSFET and a Vishay SiRA18 for the low-side. The MOSFETs are PowerPAKs. Phases are doubled by doubling the number of MOSFETs on each driver. The VCCIO, VCCSA, and other rails for overclocking come from a linear regulator circuit and a few LDOs.
The memory VRM uses a Richtek RT8120D PWM controller with integrated driver and two SiRA12 low-side MOSFETs and one SiRA12 high-side MOSFET.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]