I used the same Kingston HyperX Impact (HX421S13IBK2/16) DDR4 2133MHz SO-DIMM kit I used in my DeskMini 110 review along with a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe based PCI-E 3.0 x4 SSD. The configuration is very nimble. ASRock included a special bracket, which you screw into the PCB that extends the screw hole to the edge of the case, allowing for drives like the 950 Pro to fit.
CPUz shots so you can see the exact configuration.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The Beebox-S is exactly where it should be in regards to overall CPU/memory/graphics performance because all of the performance is in the SoC. The i5-6200U scores right in between the i5-5500U and i7-6500U, showing good generational improvements along with the lower performance compared to a faster CPU of the same generation.
Intel's integrated graphics follow the same type of trend. It doesn't seem like ASRock has gimped this machine's TDP, which is a great thing. Overall, I was impressed by the real-world performance of the machine. You would be hard pressed to call it slow or sluggish, and that is because of Intel's improvements in lower wattage areas and the advancements in solid state storage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Beebox-S]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam