CPU-Z and CPUID results are shown above. I am not sure if either is correctly logging the core speed because I wasn't aware that the CPU could run over 2GHz since its maximum burst frequency is 1.84GHz as per Intel's website. Regardless, the CPU does seem to shift its frequency quickly depending on the load.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
Testing the second generation Intel Compute Stick reveals Intel has refocused SoC resources from the CPU to the GPU. Just like other chip makers, Intel is bound by power and thermals, so they have a limited scope which requires precision juggling.
The original Compute Stick lacked in graphics performance, so much so, that even streaming Netflix might have made the SoC work quite hard. The new Compute Stick is more optimized towards improving graphics, and it shows in the benchmarks. In many cases performance in 3D benchmarks is double that of the original Compute Stick. This shift in scope coupled with the improved fan control curve results in a much quieter streaming experience.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded retails for £102 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard